This data privacy statement explains how Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (hereafter "Boehringer Ingelheim", "we", "us") processes which personal data of you for which purposes. In any event, collection and processing of personal data will only take place conformable to the applicable law (i.a. the General Data Protection Regulation, "GDPR").
Contact form or other requests
We process your data in order to provide you with the agreed or requested services on this website:
- If you register and log in;
- if you take part in training courses or events;
- if you send us inquiries about products or possible adverse event.
The legal basis is Article 6 (1) b) GDPR.
a) Log data and technical cookies
You can prevent that data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie is transferred to Google if you download and install this Browser-Plugin.
Data Transfer to Third Parties
We may share personal information with third parties.
- Reporting obligations to regulatory authorities and enforcement of rights As a pharmaceutical company, we are subject to specific regulations, such as pharmacovigilance. Some of these laws require us to send your reports to regulators or other authorities worldwide (including countries that may have a different level of data protection than the EU). We only provide authorities with personal data if we are legally obliged to do so. In order to protect our rights or the rights of third parties, we may also disclose data to rights holders, consultants and authorities in accordance with legal provisions.
- Service provider We engage service providers to process your personal data for the purposes described in this data protection information. These service providers process the data only on our behalf, in accordance with our instructions and under our control in accordance with this data privacy declaration. One of these service providers is: Adlytics GmbH, Weinheimer Str 62, 68309 Mannhein, Germany, providing data and web analytics services].
- Boehringer Ingelheim companies As part of a global group of companies, we involve other Boehringer Ingelheim companies that support us in data processing. These group companies process the data exclusively for the purposes stated in this data protection declaration.
- Data transfer to recipients outside the EU Some of these service providers and companies process personal data outside the EU. In these cases, we ensure an adequate level of data protection to comply with European law (usually through EU standard contractual clauses published by the European Commission).
Boehringer Ingelheim processes your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose of the processing, which mainly is the provision of our services requested by you. This means for example that we send you newsletters for as long as you did not withdraw your subscription or that we store your user account data (login, profession, name etc.) for as long as you maintain a user account with us.
In general we will delete data related to:
- your (customer) requests after one year
- your user account after one year
- analytics data (website use) 37 months
You can request information which personal data we store. If you have provided personal data based on a contract or consent, you have the right to receive this data in a common and machine-readable format.
In justified cases, you may also request the deletion, correction or limitation of the processing of your data. If your personal data is transferred to a country outside the EU that does not provide adequate protection, you may request a copy of the contract that provides adequate protection of personal data.
Where you provided consent for the use of your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time with future effect.
If we use your personal data on the basis of a balance of interests, you can object to the use of your data. In this case, we will no longer use your data unless our interests prevail. You can object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes, e.g. the receipt of mailings, at any time without further consideration.
If you have any questions about our use of personal data, this data protection declaration or would like to exercise your rights, you can contact us at any time or you can contact our data protection officer directly:
Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
– Data Protection Officer –
Binger Straße 173
D-55216 Ingelheim am Rhein
In case of questions or concerns you can also contact the competent data protection authority (especially where you live or where we are established).
Data privacy statement as of: 24th May, 2018